Sunday, November 2, 2008

Now I lay me down to sleep

This is always a depressing time of year for me. The sunny, warm days of summer are long gone. The days of working outside 'til 9 PM are a fond memory. The clock just sprang back and at 4:30 in the afternoon it is dark. I have not got my barn completely ready to accommodate working at night because there is no heat.

I sell real estate for a living and we know how that is going.

I love my plants and was happy to have day lilies blooming here until late October, a real abnormality. But, I got out my weed-whacker and whacked all of them down to the ground a week ago. A year's work and growth now just chopped up weeds.

To make things worse, it looks like the country is going to elect an abnormal number of democrats, and liberal democrats at that. My democrat friends are virtually in an ecstatic stupor.

I have bought a great sack cloth suit, some ashes and am looking for a public square where I can sit, throw the ashes over my head and moan.

My friend asked me to go to McMorris's victory party Tuesday night to watch the election, but, I declined. I told him I needed to be in a place where I could cry like a little girl as the returns come in.

But folks, the NEXT national election is only 4 years away! In a mere 51 days or so, the days will start getting longer. Six weeks after that, the tulips will start pushing up from the ground. Spring is not THAT far away.

My real estate year has been pretty good and I thank God for that.

Life is cyclical and today's mourning contains the seeds for tomorrow's joy. So, I will plant the seeds, gird my loins, thank God for the many blessings he gives. I will seek to look up, not down. I will persevere and with God's help un-funk.

Catch you on the rebound!

PS The older of my sons is here for a couple weeks from the middle east. My daughter is going to visit for the coming weekend and my youngest son's last college check is due in January. Life is great after all!

No comments: